Sunday, September 19, 2010

Review: Focus on St Augustine of Hippo

[Illustration]

ST. AUGUSTINE WITH HIS MOTHER

I don't really have a review for you yet. Since this book quotes St Augustine several times, I thought maybe you could learn a little about the life and thought of this great Saint.

Read a short account of St Augustine's Life.

When you have read it, try this quiz. I got 76% the first time -- see if you can do better than that. I missed the one about what he was the patron saint of -- you can find that information here.

Try an interesting quiz asking you to complete the quotations from St Augustine's writings. I found that I could do well on it just by using my understanding of what he was saying. Also, because Augustine was a rhetorician and wrote balanced sentences, a lot of times you can find the right phrase to complete the quote just by seeing the comparisons and contrasts in the passage. Anyway, give it a try! (I missed one).

1 comment:

Put your initials or something here when you have finished the lesson.